Wednesday, May 16, 2012
It's Teacher's Day tomorrow so I have been searching up for some suitable bakes when I came across these. You can find the recipe here or if you have a Thermomix TM31 and want the easier way out, like I did, try mine.
Wednesday, May 9, 2012
Recipe from: http://www.food.com/recipe/soya-sauce-chicken-by-joey-215955#ixzz1sy801h8H
- 1In a pot large enough to hold the chicken, put in dark soya sauce, Chinese cooking wine, white sugar, ginger slices, star anise, Chinese peppercorns, water and spring onions.
- 2Keep pot lidded and boil till it bubbles (about 10 minutes).
- 3Place chicken in the bubbling pot & keep lid on.
- 4Boil for 20 minutes, then turn chicken over and boil for an additional 15 to 20 minutes.
- 5Turn off the heat and let chicken rest for 5 minutes.
- 6Remove from pot and cut into appropriate size for serving.
- 7Retain leftover sauce from pot for additional gravy.
- 8Serve with fluffy steam rice.
Friday, May 4, 2012
|Birthday girl loves them very much... so much she wanted them all!|
Monday, April 9, 2012
Don't worry... they are really easy and fun to make. For those of you who are afraid of baked goodies being too 'heaty' for your kids, this is a good alternative :D
Monday, July 28, 2008
- Preheat oven to 190 C
- Place sliced apples in the base of a greased baking pan and sprinkle with caster sugar
- Leave aside
- Put flour and butted in a large mixing bowl
- Rub butter and flour with fingertips until mixture is crumbly and all butter/flour is combined
- Pour crumble topping over fruit
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until golden
- Serve warm
Monday, June 30, 2008
For the above: (half it or divide to your desired proportion if you are making less)
15 chicken drumsticks
4 tablespoons oyster sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
3 sticks of lemongrass
2 tablespoon of wolfberry (aka kei chi in Cantonese)
10 pieces of fresh Shitake mushrooms, sliced
- Put the drumsticks in a shallow ovenproof dish
- Combine all ingredients of the marinade and pour over to drumsticks
- Baste mixture and drumsticks
- Set aside to marinade for at least 30 minutes (would be great if kept in fridge overnight)
- Preheat oven to 180 C and bake, with the marinade, for 30 minutes or until tender, turning once
- Serve with rice or mashed potatoes
**Remove the chicken bone for young toddlers
**Extra cooked chicken can be covered and refrigerated for up to one day
**Have a small fridge but wish to leave the drumsticks to marinade overnight? Just keep in airtight container and transfer to baking dish when ready to bake