Recipe from: http://www.food.com/recipe/soya-sauce-chicken-by-joey-215955#ixzz1sy801h8H
- 1In a pot large enough to hold the chicken, put in dark soya sauce, Chinese cooking wine, white sugar, ginger slices, star anise, Chinese peppercorns, water and spring onions.
- 2Keep pot lidded and boil till it bubbles (about 10 minutes).
- 3Place chicken in the bubbling pot & keep lid on.
- 4Boil for 20 minutes, then turn chicken over and boil for an additional 15 to 20 minutes.
- 5Turn off the heat and let chicken rest for 5 minutes.
- 6Remove from pot and cut into appropriate size for serving.
- 7Retain leftover sauce from pot for additional gravy.
- 8Serve with fluffy steam rice.